Terms and Conditions
1. ‘Love to climb’ is the name given to the website and brand associated with courses and coaching. However all transactions will be with Katherine Schirrmacher as an individual rather than Love to Climb as a company.
2. Love to climb offers coaching to people of all ages. However under 18s must either be accompanied by an adult or Love to Climb may work from time to time under Thornbridge Outdoors’ AALA license (Adventure Activities Licensing Authority), which must be arranged well in advance.
3. In one to one or personal coaching situations each individual’s experience will be taken into account and appropriate coaching given.
4. Rock climbing is a hazardous activity with a danger of personal injury or death. Although we take every care to minimise these risks, participants on Love to Climb courses and coaching should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. Clients should accept that accidents and injuries can happen.
5. Clients taking part in courses must expect that rock climbing can be strenuous. Clients are expected to be in good health. The medical section must be completed in the booking process. All prior injuries and/or serious illnesses must be declared. Any injury or illness occurring between the time of the declaration and the commencement of the course or coaching must be reported.
6. Clients will use their own climbing equipment unless it is agreed that Love to Climb will provide certain equipment.
7. Love to Climb will not be responsible for uninsured losses of client property whilst on a course on a one to one coaching day.
8. Clients must accept responsibility for all personal items.
9. Photos will be taken on courses and may possibly be used on promotional material and the Love to Climb website. Clients must say at the time if they do not wish their photos to be used in this way.
1. In order to book a place on a Love to Climb course you should promptly pay a non-refundable deposit (the amount will be specific to the course/coaching). If we acquire a waiting list and have not received your payment, we will send to a reminder. If we do not hear from you within a few day, your place will be offered to the first reserve.
2. For all one to one coaching days, the client may choose to pay either in advance or on the day.
3. On receipt of a booking form, Love to Climb will send you a confirmation email with details of kit lists, further information about the course and outstanding balance.
4. Having paid the deposit for a course, the outstanding balance will be due 4 weeks prior to the course date. Love to Climb will contact you to make you aware of this.
5. Our preferred payment method for courses and coaching is bank transfer. Bank details are available by email.
6. When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood these conditions, particularly those applying to cancellation and agree to abide by them.
Cancellation by the client
1. All cancellations must be made in writing and will be effective from the date of receipt by Love to Climb.
2. In the event of Love to Climb being able to re-sell your place on a course the full course fee will be refunded minus the deposit.
3. In the event of Love to Climb being unable to re-sell your place on a holiday, refunds will apply as follows:
a. The full course fee minus the deposit will be refunded if cancellation takes place over 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
b. 50% of the course fee will be refunded if cancellation takes place less than 2 weeks prior to the course start date
c. None of the course fee will be refunded if cancellation takes places less than 1 week prior to the course start date
4. Love to Climb will always make every effort to reschedule a different date for one to one coaching sessions. However, in the case of last minute cancellations and no rescheduling:
a. 2 weeks before the session date you will still be required to pay half the coaching fee
b. 1 week before the session date you will be required to pay the full fee.
Cancellation by Love to Climb
1. Love to Climb will make every attempt to ensure that the courses run, however Love to Climb reserves the right to cancel if there are insufficient numbers or in case of illness. In such a case Love to Climb will notify clients as soon as possible but no less than 1 week prior to the start of the course.
2. In the event of Love to Climb cancelling a course the client shall be entitled to:
a. A full refund of all course fees for courses
b. Equivalent value or part value one to one coaching in the UK
3. If in any case the Love to Climb coaches are unable to work due to illness, injury or unforeseen circumstances, every effort will be found to find an alternative date.